Egg donation is a process of donating and preserving mature eggs obtained from IVF treatment cycles or from those who are willing to donate them for other intended couples. The eggs are preserved with the intention of using them later from the obtained couples or for donating the eggs to achieve pregnancy for other intended parents. The donor eggs are used in couples who do not have viable eggs in their female ovarian reserve. The donor egg is fertilized with the sperm from the male couple to produce an embryo and transferred to the recipients to achieve pregnancy.
Donor eggs are used in the situation where in which the couples suffer from following conditions:
- Premature ovarian failure
- Low quality eggs
- Risk of genetically transmitted diseases
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Recurrent IVF treatment failure due to low quality eggs
Egg Donation procedure
Rathimed Fertility Centre offers unperturbed egg donation program that helps the couples to preserve their fertility at a young fertile age. The egg donation procedure is performed through a series of steps and includes:
- Initial scanning: This phase includes the screening and scanning of the female reproductive system to understand the presence of adequate hormone levels and to investigate the ovulation process of the menstrual cycle.
- Medical screening: Medical screening helps to rule out the possibility of transfer of any chromosomal abnormality, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, hepatitis, and other indigenous diseases to the offspring.
- Legal process: All legal works are taken care by our team of authority and the detailed consent form has to be signed duly by the donor and the recipient for the participation in the program.
- Ovary Stimulation: The process is initiated by administering ovarian stimulating drugs to the donor to stimulate the ovary to produce and release multiple eggs in a single ovulation cycle. The fertility specialist conducts regular hormone tests and follows up scans to evaluate the growth of multiple follicles during the stimulation phase.
- Egg retrieval: When the follicles reach desired size and maturity, they are retrieved using a minor surgical procedure that lasts for around 20-30 minutes. The retrieved eggs are then transferred into a sterile medium and preserved at adequate conditions for survival.
The egg donation process increases the rate of IVF treatment success as only the healthiest eggs are collected and preserved for use. Before the donation program, the fertility specialists conduct a thorough examination of the egg donor to ensure that only the best available eggs are collected and preserved. Rathimed Fertility Centre has the best and most advanced medical facilities to ensure that only best quality donor eggs are used for any fertilization procedures meeting the highest standards and criteria of the preservation of life. If you are planning or willing for an egg donation, call us and book an appointment from centre to know your chances for the egg donation program, other infertility treatment options and chances for success.