Primary steps involved in surrogacy is an assisted reproduction method that helps the intended couples to have a baby from their own genetic trail. Couples may opt for surrogacy due to several reasons.
Surrogacy can be accomplished through two types of arrangements:
- Gestational surrogacy ( surrogate mother has no genetic connection to the baby as the female partner egg is used for fertilization)
- Traditional surrogacy (egg from the surrogate mother is used to fertilize and develop an embryo)
Rathimed Fertility Center offers both arrangements of surrogacy for couples by using their own sperms and egg from the intended couples or by using frozen or donor egg through IVF procedure to produce an embryo. The developing embryo is then transferred into the uterine cavity of the surrogate mother for implantation and development. When the female partner does not produce healthy eggs, the egg from the surrogate women is used for fertilization and is achieved through artificial insemination. In this case, the child has a genetic connection to the surrogate women by
using the egg from the surrogate mother. During a gestational surrogacy, the surrogate mother is only a medium for the fetal growth and delivery and do not have a genetic relation to the child.
At Rathimed Fertility Center, surrogacy is recommended only in cases when women who have the following conditions:
- Medically unfit to bear pregnancy
- Distortion or other medical issues with uterus
- Not able to conceive after multiple assisted-reproduction techniques
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Low ovarian egg reserve
The primary steps involved in our surrogacy program are:
- Selecting a Gestational surrogate mother (maybe a family member, friend, or woman who is willing to be a surrogate). The surrogate mother should be in a good physical and emotional status and should have carried and delivered at least one child. This is important as it depends on the overall well being of the child during its early stages of development.
- Psychological counseling and Legal affairs ( All necessary contracts should be duly signed by the couples and the surrogate mother)
- Consultation with our IVF specialist and initiation of medication for the IVF procedure.
- Depending on the surrogacy arrangement egg donor or surrogate mother complete their respective IVF cycles. During this phase, the IVF specialist obtains the egg, fertilize it with the sperms to develop an embryo and the healthiest embryo is transferred and implanted into the uterine cavity of the surrogate mother for growth and development. All procedures take place smoothly and in line within the necessary period of time.
At Rathimed Fertility Centre, our professional medical services sustain high quality and value to allow couples to take advantage of the most viable benefits from surrogacy and also offer high compensation packages to surrogate mothers. For those who are not able to conceive and have a baby, surrogacy provides them a chance to bring a new life into this world for a happy family towards a life together. To more about surrogacy and to choose the ideal surrogacy package, book an appointment now.